What are you looking forward to?/ what are your plans

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

What are you looking forward to?/ what are your plans

Postby ScriptWolf » 31 Dec 2010 19:15

well so hopefully the first Alpha comes out soonish and we can start our tyrannical rule of our colony, so what features are you hoping for and what are you planning on doing when you finally get your hands on some Alpha code.
ScriptWolf

Re: What are you looking forward to?/ what are your plans

Postby forsaken1111 » 01 Jan 2011 06:54

Well the obvious answer comes to mind, staking a claim on an alien planet and turning a profit while exploring a strange alien biosphere. :)
forsaken1111

Postby Bluerobin427 » 01 Jan 2011 19:12

My favorite game component is just starting a new camp/settlement with as little as I can and building it up to self sufficiency and to become a serious contender. Preferably over and over.

Oh and exploration/research of native flora and fauna are pretty high up on the list too. This game just has so many aspects that I like!
Bluerobin427

Postby Alchatron » 03 Jan 2011 20:24

ScriptWolf wrote:we can start our tyrannical rule of our colony

You've a point there: the info page seems to say that the "collective" can both act illegally and be mishandled. So do you think you might be able to bully people into doing things even with the "we'll leave if you mismanage the place" function? An actual tyrannical rule? After all, on an alien planet you are as far away as you can get from the prying and super-moral eyes of Earth. ;)

That'd be nice, having a beleaguered and downtrodden straggle of colonists ruled by a hoarding top-dog. Of course with the info we've gotten saying food is automatically shared, this might not happen after all... On the bright side, since "the type of home that characters choose to build for themselves reflect their background and personal wealth", it seems we might well be able to build ranging slums!

Hopefully we'll get a working simulation of an economy; that'd be great. Ultimately though, whatever happens I'd love to exploit the environment to its fullest, chimneys belching fumes all the while. :D
Alchatron

Return to General Discussion