Hows it going ?

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Re: Hows it going ?

Postby kubluu » 25 Jan 2011 13:14

You are bringing up some good points.
My current idea is for the expedition/outpost (it would be good to have a common term for these) to be associated with:

1. an operating area, (probably just a point with a radius)

2. a list of personnel slots with some skill requirements attached. This makes it explicit for the character that accepts the job, that he should stay within the operating area for a longer period. This should avoid characters trekking back home prematurely.
And it makes it possible to indirectly control the people that are sent so they have the right skill set. This feature should be carefully done so it doesn't become a micro-management exploit.
Of course, nothing prevents colonists who aren't on the personnel list to follow along or settle in the operating area. This would be one way that for example a mining outpost could grow. But people on the personnel list would get prioritised when the jobs in the area get distributed. Over time, the personnel list would no longer be needed.

3. a stocks list that makes it possible to supply the expedition or send back gathered resources

This would be controlled through an interface that is yet to be designed.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Viken » 10 Mar 2011 05:23

Heya, its been a while sense we've had any real forum usage or an update on the state of play; so let me formally ask: How's it coming along? :D
"Why point and laugh when you can point and click? It makes things much more interesting...
Viken

Postby Inteuniso » 12 Mar 2011 04:11

How is progress on the game coming?
Inteuniso

Postby Moogie » 13 Mar 2011 23:24

Uh oh. Dev updates seem to have dried up lately, and the forums are getting a few spambots.

Don't you dare die on us, Dusty Shelf!
Moogie

Postby kubluu » 15 Mar 2011 23:54

Don't worry, we're alive... the past weekend was spent away from the computer. But it seems the spammers never rest.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby kubluu » 16 Mar 2011 00:36

I have added a message queue for new users only. Hopefully, it will stop the forum from rotting.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Viken » 16 Mar 2011 17:25

Good to know the realm of this awesome game is still spinning around its sun at a proper altitude and volicity. Mwhahahaha. :twisted: Hopefully we'll get some new updates on the game soon. I follow the forum and website almost religiously, once when I get up and once before I go to bed. lol. 8-)
"Why point and laugh when you can point and click? It makes things much more interesting...
Viken

Postby Inteuniso » 17 Apr 2011 15:04

I'm guessing no news must be good news since you're so hard at work :p

Anyways, keep up the good work! You're doing better than most of us on the forums have ever done on a game. I only wish to play a working alpha :D
Inteuniso

Postby Taricus » 17 Apr 2011 16:17

There were a few updates on the progress on the homepage.
Taricus

Postby Tchey » 18 Apr 2011 14:10

Hi there,

I hope Conlan's Claim is still alive and going well.
I'd like to see a weeklt update somehow, like "i've down this" or "here is a new screenshot"...
Tchey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion