Flora and Fauna

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Flora and Fauna

Postby Moogie » 31 Jan 2011 15:52

I'm interested to hear any more details there might be so far about the kinds of plant and animal life we might encounter on our explorations. I'm curious how deep this aspect of the simulation will be-- will there be balanced populations of plantlife, herbivores and carnivores, and could those balances become upset by human activity?

Also, any plans for diseases that could be picked up from dangerous organisms, that require research to develop a cure using gatherable materials from the environment?

Will there be airborne or aquatic creatures/plants? (And on a related note, what about air/sea vehicles for transportation of colonists and supplies?)
Moogie

Re: Flora and Fauna

Postby kubluu » 31 Jan 2011 17:12

Moogie wrote:I'm interested to hear any more details there might be so far about the kinds of plant and animal life we might encounter on our explorations.

We have concepts for many animals ready. Animation and coding is still missing. But it is one of our highest priorities to get a few animals out sooner rather than later.
There will be many types, but we aim for plausible designs with a distinctly un-earthly look and also some surprising traits.

Moogie wrote:I'm curious how deep this aspect of the simulation will be-- will there be balanced populations of plantlife, herbivores and carnivores, and could those balances become upset by human activity?

Yes, this is a definite must. All organisms must fit in with the environment and live and die by it.

Moogie wrote:Also, any plans for diseases that could be picked up from dangerous organisms, that require research to develop a cure using gatherable materials from the environment?

Yes, this is also on the drawing board. The alien lifeforms should be a threat as well as a resource to the colonists.

Moogie wrote:Will there be airborne or aquatic creatures/plants? (And on a related note, what about air/sea vehicles for transportation of colonists and supplies?)

Yes, we definitely want those as well.
We already have aircraft in the game, and boats and barges will also be included.
kubluu
Site Admin

Re: Flora and Fauna

Postby Moogie » 01 Feb 2011 10:05

Sounds fantastic! That pretty much answers everything I've been wondering about lately. Thanks for the response. :)
Moogie

Return to General Discussion