News on the playable Prototype!

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

News on the playable Prototype!

Postby Viken » 20 Jun 2011 03:35

Alrighty, the last two twitter updates talk about the playable prototype, so I thought its about time of getting some more activity in the forums again sense it died off a few months ago. All the same, some info from the devs would be awesome!

So give us a heads up, if you will!
"Why point and laugh when you can point and click? It makes things much more interesting...
Viken

Re: News on the playable Prototype!

Postby Risbo » 21 Jun 2011 00:49

I'm waiting this game since forever, dude since Duke is aout can we expect to play the game?
Risbo

Postby ScriptWolf » 21 Jun 2011 17:01

yes im anxious to hear more news about this game!! i was one of the few alpha testers ( yay!! ) and im really wanting to know how you guys are coming along... please please update the website and give us some more info, hell im willing to give you money if that would help....

calls for this picture:

ScriptWolf

Postby Risbo » 22 Jun 2011 21:28

We are here, and we are WAITING

Make noise for the Dev !

We wants news !
Risbo

Postby kubluu » 23 Jun 2011 12:20

Yes, it is correct that we are working on a playable prototype. I guess it has been postponed a bit too long, but there are just so many interesting things to derail you on a sprawling project like this.

The prototype will be a survival scenario featuring a closed resource loop and lifecycle for the AI characters, as well as all the important player actions implemented.
The only missing features are the harvesting/foraging actions and the job manager that converts the player's stock orders into AI actions. We will probably add firewood and camp fires as extra fluff.
Making the agents live and die according to their needs being met creates a possibility of losing the game, and we will have a nice little sandbox game.

The aim is first of all to give a new boost of confidence to the developers. To be able to actually play the game, no matter how buggy, is a great achievement. And it should make it easier to fend off the nay-sayers (though we haven't met any, I am sure they are out there). And maybe it can be presented to business types, such as publishers, who knows.

But even though we will be playing with the prototype it is not certain that we will be releasing anything just yet, for testing or otherwise. Given that this is supposed to be a commercial enterprise we feel that we cannot be too rash in what we release.

Regarding new screenshots. Yes, we would like to post some more. When we have enough new assets to produce a polished screenshot with enough things that haven't been seen before, we will do so.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Viken » 23 Jun 2011 17:12

Thank you for the update, Kubluu! We all know how hard it can be to stay energized on a project that has stretched on a bit too long without any sort of motivation. The forums here had been quite inactive for some time sense the last bits of info was released on the game.

All the same, while we all know this is a commercial enterprise that's trying to get up and going, its been shown that it really does help to have a more active presence in the fanbase, if not the entire gaming community. To take the time to actually sit down and chit-chat with us, the basic gaming community who would actually support the game and its developement, could be the recharge the devs need. So give it some thought! Not to mention the publishing and oppertunities represented once the community gets well-enough informed that'll come your way. Just look at how big games like Minecraft and Terraria have become by doing just that. :ugeek:
"Why point and laugh when you can point and click? It makes things much more interesting...
Viken

Postby Risbo » 25 Jun 2011 01:21

Thanks for the news
Risbo

Postby Moogie » 09 Jul 2011 22:20

Great to hear some more news, and- woah, alpha testers already? I'm so jealous! :)

I can't wait to see this prototype. I'm keeping my expectations in check, but just to experience the first little sparks of gameplay and get a taste for the artistic style is going to be a great experience. Here's hoping it'll allow you to uncover and fix a lot of big juicy bugs, too!
Moogie

Postby Inteuniso » 05 Aug 2011 00:26

The pain of waiting is too much!

Remember that you still have devoted followers!
Inteuniso

Postby RichardtheBeheader » 05 Aug 2011 13:16

This is really great to hear guys, I know you are working hard on the game.

Whenever you decide to open up pre orders I'll have no hesitation in buying the game to help you guys out!
RichardtheBeheader

Next

Return to General Discussion