Who else is excited about this game

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Who else is excited about this game

Postby Takana » 26 Oct 2011 17:47

I know I am.

I have like a ton of questions, and so many anticipations and expectations. I so think that you guys have hit a Niche of gamers that are just starving due to the lack of these type of games.

All love here from Denmark to you guys.

Keep your spirits high!
Takana

Re: Who else is excited about this game

Postby keveronkeveron » 30 Oct 2011 04:27

I would be if there was anything from the developers to assure us this wasn't vaporware.

Sadly, there isn't.
keveronkeveron

Postby kubluu » 01 Nov 2011 13:55

keveronkeveron wrote:I would be if there was anything from the developers to assure us this wasn't vaporware.

Sadly, there isn't.

I would say it is a bit too early to dismiss us. Remember Duke Nukem Forever? Took 15 years...
Also keep in mind that it has been less than a year since we released the teaser and launched the website.

The only real threat against the project is if we lose interest in it. And that hasn't happened, and probably won't unless some AAA studio decides to make a better game with the concept.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Skelt » 02 Dec 2011 09:54

I am definitely excited about this title. I don't believe there will be any real threats from the AAA market, as their priorities have truly gone a-muck in the console world. This sort of title could, and would only be produced by an independent company without some corporate publisher breathing down their neck.
Skelt

Postby rLOVEution » 08 Jan 2012 15:58

I'm very excited about this Indie game :) Is there any way to donate?
I love the concept and the artwork, for two guys with spare time and money the UI and feel of the game seem very professional
I can't wait for a playable version and I hope you guys can keep your heads up while dev'ing this awesome game!
Also, forget about AAA's trying to copy your game or style.
The music industry has tried this with underground artists as well, look at where the music industry is at now (the music SUCKS!)
Keep real games alive and keep creating real from-the-heart-games and not those for-a-bank-account-games!

Much blessings! Can't wait :)
rLOVEution

Postby Inteuniso » 19 Jan 2012 06:05

Been waiting with bated breath since last summer.

Keep the good work up devs!
Inteuniso

Postby General Chaos » 22 Jan 2012 19:36

Hi,

I just discovered this game and registered in the forums to voice my support for its continued development. I, like others here, will be more than happy to fund an alpha, donate, or some combination of the two.

Part of what makes me excited about this game is the visual style, but the skill development system, the land owning system, and so forth are also very exciting. It reminds me a bit of the cultures series with a more mature sci-fi setting and a lot of added and refined features.

A couple of things I am curious about that I would appreciate feedback on from the developers when you have time:

1. Is skill growth organic? It sounds like it is, but I'd like clarification. By organic I mean that skills improve with use.
2. Do characters age and die? This is a feature I think developers need to use more, especially in simulation games. It's a way to prevent the inevitable village full of super-powerful characters. The Guild does this well. In it, your characters age but they have children who grow up and have some of the inhereted attributes of their parents.
3. Will there be farming, and if so, how complex will the farming system be (e.g. will there be weather, different crops, etc.)?
4. Finally, will there be much interaction with other tribes/towns/whatever? Specifically, will friendly NPC communities be present? Regardless, will these villages grow and evolve just like yours?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my questions are repeats of something that has been covered before, and again, like I said, looking forward to helping fund this in some form or another.
General Chaos

Postby kubluu » 26 Jan 2012 20:20

General Chaos wrote:Hi,

I just discovered this game and registered in the forums to voice my support for its continued development. I, like others here, will be more than happy to fund an alpha, donate, or some combination of the two.

Part of what makes me excited about this game is the visual style, but the skill development system, the land owning system, and so forth are also very exciting. It reminds me a bit of the cultures series with a more mature sci-fi setting and a lot of added and refined features.

A couple of things I am curious about that I would appreciate feedback on from the developers when you have time:

1. Is skill growth organic? It sounds like it is, but I'd like clarification. By organic I mean that skills improve with use.
2. Do characters age and die? This is a feature I think developers need to use more, especially in simulation games. It's a way to prevent the inevitable village full of super-powerful characters. The Guild does this well. In it, your characters age but they have children who grow up and have some of the inhereted attributes of their parents.
3. Will there be farming, and if so, how complex will the farming system be (e.g. will there be weather, different crops, etc.)?
4. Finally, will there be much interaction with other tribes/towns/whatever? Specifically, will friendly NPC communities be present? Regardless, will these villages grow and evolve just like yours?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my questions are repeats of something that has been covered before, and again, like I said, looking forward to helping fund this in some form or another.

Welcome. The answer is yes to 1, 2 and 3. The skills should improve and degrade as they are used. And there will be a proper life cycle for all entities in the game. We want a complex farming system that is easy to play. So there will be weather effects as well as fertilizer needs and so on.
We haven't planned for on-map villages or other enterprises outside the player's control. However there will be off-map trading and also NPCs that live by themselves.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby General Chaos » 27 Jan 2012 02:27

Wow; thank you so much for the reply. This game sounds absolutely amazing and everything you described is perfect to me. It sounds like NPC interaction will be just fine.

Thanks again.
General Chaos

Postby Macaw » 21 Mar 2012 22:11

Just discovered this game today, looks incredible! This is just the kind of game I've always wanted, Settlers style mechanics with the alien world survival theme. I think the closest other game is probably Firefly's Space Colony, but I much prefer the serious tone of Conlan's Claim.

Any news on the development? When a potential release of any kind may be?

Similar indie games out now like www.townsgame.com just update the builds as they go and allow users to pre-purchase the games while their still in the alpha or beta phases. I wonder if you guys ever plan on doing this for Conlan's Claim or are you just holding out until completion for a full release of the game?

Also I know I'm late, but if its possible to allow any more spots for beta testing the game I would be very enthusiastic to do so.

Keep up this amazing project!
Macaw

Next

Return to General Discussion