Who else is excited about this game

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Re: Who else is excited about this game

Postby MoPed » 23 Mar 2012 21:49

Macaw wrote:Just discovered this game today, looks incredible! This is just the kind of game I've always wanted, Settlers style mechanics with the alien world survival theme. I think the closest other game is probably Firefly's Space Colony, but I much prefer the serious tone of Conlan's Claim.

Any news on the development? When a potential release of any kind may be?

Similar indie games out now like http://www.townsgame.com just update the builds as they go and allow users to pre-purchase the games while their still in the alpha or beta phases. I wonder if you guys ever plan on doing this for Conlan's Claim or are you just holding out until completion for a full release of the game?

Also I know I'm late, but if its possible to allow any more spots for beta testing the game I would be very enthusiastic to do so.

Keep up this amazing project!

Thanks a lot! I can tell you that right now we're in the process of applying for a game dev grant. If we
receive the funding we plan to produce a full demo which consists of a survival scenario, laying down the
foundation of the game with features such as basic needs, hunger, disease, trapping, camp building,
hunting, improvised tools etc. as well as alien animals and plants.
This is thought to be the first in a string of releases which will each add big features such as farming,
mining, industry etc.
In our application, we have made an effort to prove that there is a viable market and business model for
this game, and the example set by "Towns" is really useful. We've also been able to point to the many
positive statements on this forum and the response to our teaser video, which should prove that we've
found an "underserved niche".
If we're not awarded the grant for the demo, we'll think of other possibilities of funding full-time
development. So, we've looked at all the ways that other devs are using. This means that we've closed the
tester sign up for now, because selling "early access" is one of the methods we could use for funding.
Thanks for your understanding - we'll update the website with info on this subject as soon as we have a
clearer picture.
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Postby Macaw » 25 Mar 2012 03:15

Thanks for the info!

I think even if you guys manage to get the game dev grant you should consider charging for access to the development builds/demo's if you decide to start releasing them, always good to have a steady stream of money coming in ;)

This is another game with the same business model as Towns and such - www.projectzomboid.com/blog/

Anyway, I look forward to news in the future!
Macaw

Postby Inteuniso » 29 May 2012 19:16

Still waiting for the game!
Inteuniso

Postby MoPed » 29 May 2012 23:59

Well, have I got some great news! :D
As you can see from today's front page of the website we've been awarded a development grant! This means that we can soon go ahead and work full time on a demo. We´re really excited and looking forward to speeding up production. We can now focus all our effort on making the demo!

....more info soon!
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Postby Inteuniso » 02 Jun 2012 18:11

Hope you remembered the list of people who get the access!
Inteuniso

Postby Macaw » 04 Jun 2012 14:22

Oh man, thats amazing news! I hope you guys start doing some more regular updates once this happens to try and get the community excited again!
Macaw

Postby thePyro_13 » 11 Jun 2012 15:06

That's awesome news MoPed.

Can you give us any hints about the new name? :D
thePyro_13

Postby RichardtheBeheader » 11 Jun 2012 18:05

This is brilliant news, I assumed that this game was long gone or a distant memory in your minds. Well done on getting this funding!
RichardtheBeheader

Postby christonian » 12 Jun 2012 23:54

wow this is great congrats
christonian

Postby Trappin » 13 Jun 2012 09:05

Good luck, guys.
Trappin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion