Status of the game?

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Status of the game?

Postby DK312 » 14 Dec 2013 17:25

Any updates worth mentioning about UW?

Been following the game for a while now and its suspuciously quiet? :(

so just want to know what the current state of the development is
DK312

Re: Status of the game?

Postby RAdam » 15 Dec 2013 00:33

I suppose you dont folow the game on facebook...
RAdam

Postby DK312 » 15 Dec 2013 13:35

I do, but 3 posted images with almost a month interval is not impressing me.
DK312

Postby RAdam » 15 Dec 2013 22:56

3 images a month is an improvement...
You did read the news posts yes?
RAdam

Postby DK312 » 15 Dec 2013 23:31

yes yes, that's the reason why I really want to know the current state of development. What i saw looked nice
DK312

Postby Ribes » 16 Dec 2013 19:52

Well from what I've gathered they recently got the game playable in a ''fun'' way and they've started with some internal testing. They are however not comfortable with releasing the game to the public just yet although they've said that they do want to get some pre-buy cash flowing in soon. Last I heard they were focusing on the interface and optimization/bug fixing. Current release estimate is ''soon''.
Ribes

Postby MoPed » 17 Dec 2013 13:06

We are preparing for larger-scale testing, hoping to start on Desura because they seem to have a good architecture for receiving bug reports and handling patches. But it apparently takes a little while to get published there. Meanwhile, we are working on improving these areas:
1: Polish and feedback. We do some improvements to the animation code so that characters behave more naturally, they will get a little extra care. Interface is improved in how we visualize resources that are available in the surroundings, and communicating why some tasks can't be carried out because an area is inaccessible.
2: Architecture.We are making a "replay" function making it possible for us to speedily reproduce bugs...so that we don't have to manually replay the game or set up specially rigged scenarios to reproduce the errors that people report. This is important for solving bugs.
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Postby Macaw » 10 Jan 2014 06:00

So how are things shaping up now?
Macaw

Postby MoPed » 10 Jan 2014 14:37

We got the game up on Desura the 3rd of January, (closed - non-public) and almost immediately we made a patch and uploaded it, but apparently Desura needs a lot of time to approve patches, because the patch is still not up. This is a bit disappointing, because if it takes this long to test new versions of the game through Desura, we might need to find another way. So yeah, hmmm. So for now, we're just doing in-house testing instead, since there's not much fun in having people report old bugs that have already been solved days ago.

But yeah, game is shaping up nicely, we are finishing polishing the animation systems. We have also improved the graphical feedback in visualizing resources, and are continuing with that. Likewise, the work on the "replay" function for bug reports is well underway and continues.
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Postby drfish » 11 Jan 2014 04:44

I've been following the game for nearly a year, what's a guy gotta do to join your fancy closed testing? This kind of game is one of the rare ones where "early access" is a huge part of the fun...
drfish

Next

Return to General Discussion