Demo soon to be released - Invitation to test the game

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Demo soon to be released - Invitation to test the game

Postby kubluu » 19 Jan 2014 00:29

I will re-post the content of the latest newsletter here:

DEMO SOON TO BE RELEASED
Good news! We are just about ready with the first public release of Unclaimed World. It will be made available as a free demo in a couple of weeks.

APPLICATIONS FOR BUG TESTING
But before that, we're looking for some extra dedicated testers who will seek out crashes and other bugs and make repeated playthroughs. Each time (every couple of weeks) we upload a version with new features we need to make sure that the new version we're uploading is stable. If you're interested in volunteering for this unpaid work, please send a short application (max 10 lines) to

jobs@unclaimedworld-game.com

Please note that everyone will have the chance to play the demo in a short couple of weeks, so only apply for this if you're especially interested in bug testing. Everyone will get a mail from us as soon as the public demo is ready for download.
We've had people asking to test the game as far back as 2010 and haven't been able to give people a clear answer, so with this mail we want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to apply.

Thank you for your interest in the game,

-the Refactored Games team
kubluu
Site Admin

Re: Demo soon to be released - Invitation to test the game

Postby Ribes » 20 Jan 2014 19:45

Awesome news! I've already sent my application. I'm a little curious though as to what the demo will include. Are you able to tell us now or do you want to wait until the demo is released?
Ribes

Postby kubluu » 20 Jan 2014 20:57

Hi,

The demo will have many survival activities - fighting, hunting, fishing, scouting, building, smoking food... and some starving... ;)
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Shardik77 » 20 Jan 2014 21:08

Will there be a special board on this forum for testers only? Or just the bug reporting tool you talked about in the invitation email?
Shardik77

Postby kubluu » 20 Jan 2014 22:04

Right now I don't see a need for a special forum here... I'd rather expand the other site with more tools if necessary.
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby knightl3y » 21 Jan 2014 23:46

kubluu wrote:and some starving... ;)

I've seen a lot of starving already... Makes me feel like those guys we're just returning from a 12 hour survey flight and had no on-board snacks.
QA
knightl3y

Postby kameikazi » 22 Jan 2014 03:52

ive been invited to the beta...but it wont run. clicked on the exe file, but nothing happens...what am i doing wrong?
kameikazi

Postby Macaw » 22 Jan 2014 06:07

The main exe file crashing for some people is a known bug thats being worked on. Keep track of bugs like this with the bug tracker login you were emailed.
Macaw

Postby Yuppa » 22 Jan 2014 10:47

Ah, good to know I am not the only one with that problem. Then I will just report it in the bug system once I got the login and wait for the next version. :)
Yuppa

Postby Shardik77 » 22 Jan 2014 12:26

Did anyone get a link/login to the bug tracker yet? Also, in relation to my earlier question, are we allowed to discuss the game in its current state here on the public forum?

Thx :)
Shardik77

Next

Return to General Discussion