How about... Co- op?

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

How about... Co- op?

Postby TheGreatV » 23 Mar 2014 00:48

Hello.

At the beginning of this post I wish to apologize for any possible misspellings and my grammar issues - english is not my native language.

I've just read about your game on steam, and one thought came to my mind. This thought instanly turned into a suggestion for you and now... well, I think that at this point, I can say thats my personal request to you guys:

FOR THE LOVE OF GODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU BELIEVE IN, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS GAME SINGLEPLAYER ONLY.

Don't get me wrong - the main idea is veeeery good. I'm sure A.I. will be polished to perfection and playing with NPCs will give us tons of fun and will keep us glued to our PCs for long hours.
But imagine building a space colony, fighting hostile spieces, gathering resources and discovering new world with a bunch of your friends in coop mode. In my honest opinion, it is a potential which just cannot be wasted. In my vision, each player directs one character. Of course this gamemode will have a chance to work ONLY if you're planning to do this game on small scale - where 5,6 players would be enough to build well - prospering colony. I know that this suggestion may be placed far beyond your vision of the game, but I decided to at least try and show you my idea. Hope you at least think about it. ;)

Greetings from Poland. ;)
TheGreatV

Re: How about... Co- op?

Postby MoPed » 24 Mar 2014 16:00

Interesting suggestion! I'm afraid to tell you that we don't know anything about developing multiplayer games, to be perfectly honest we haven't considered it at all! So for now, we want to focus on getting the single-player experience as good as possible. BUT... once we have save game functionality you can share save files with your friends, so you can take over someone else's colony. Taking turns managing it. I believe the Dwarf Fortress players call it a "legacy" game.
...We'll keep it in mind and see if we can come up with more ways to give it a bit of multiplayer feel.
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Re: How about... Co- op?

Postby Spiritwind » 27 Mar 2014 20:09

MoPed wrote:Interesting suggestion! I'm afraid to tell you that we don't know anything about developing multiplayer games, to be perfectly honest we haven't considered it at all! So for now, we want to focus on getting the single-player experience as good as possible. BUT... once we have save game functionality you can share save files with your friends, so you can take over someone else's colony. Taking turns managing it. I believe the Dwarf Fortress players call it a "legacy" game.
...We'll keep it in mind and see if we can come up with more ways to give it a bit of multiplayer feel.

Lets hope with due time, you have major success on Steam, and can afford to hire additional programmers that are more experienced in the Multiplayer Field. A top down RTS is much easier to program in the coop field, it mainly comes down to just updating positions and syncing AI. It would certainly bring you guys closer to opening a new era in the Colony Genre, and would give you something that would totally separate you from the other Colony games.
Spiritwind

Return to General Discussion