Finished first episode

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Finished first episode

Postby ToTheStarsAndBeyond » 27 Mar 2014 17:12

I finally managed to go through the episode.

My impression is the game has taken a decent start. Plenty of potential.
The main point I found wrong is the duration of items, far too short. Some items are one use only, the machete might disappear on the second day, just like the rifle. Everything might get ruined too fast.
I understand that without saving, players are not expected to be able to play long sessions hence the short duration is one way to tackle that. But it keeps away from enjoying fully this episode.
In the end, it seems to boil down to luck as you cant really capitalize on anything because it lasts so short.

Keep up the good work.
ToTheStarsAndBeyond

Re: Finished first episode

Postby MoPed » 28 Mar 2014 18:46

Thank you!

what you're describing with the disappearing machete and rifle is a bug that we're looking into right now. It's not supposed to work like that, these items should not degrade or disappear. We have previously made a feature with items that can break during use, but this feature is disabled for now, because it just leads to confusion at the moment.

Look out for an update to fix this issue!

However, in the current version, many other items ARE degradable at different rates such as food, carcasses and fish. they will turn in to different kinds of waste. Also shelters will wear down over time (takes a while though)

We have yesterday (mar 27) deployed a new version 0.2 in beta which allows you to continue playing once the rescue screen appears. Hope you'll try it out.
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Re: Finished first episode

Postby kubluu » 29 Mar 2014 14:23

The disappearing items bug was fixed in 0.3.
kubluu
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion