Is the Survival demo release estimate still valid?

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Is the Survival demo release estimate still valid?

Postby Ribes » 25 Jun 2013 14:00

In the FAQ section of the Unclaimed World website (http://unclaimedworld-game.com/faq/) it says that an alpha version of the survival episode should have been released sometime during spring 2013 and that the Survival demo was expexted to be finished in Summer 2013. Obviously the estimate for the alpha version didn't happen, since spring has come and gone, but I'm wondering if the Summer 2013 estimate is still valid. If not, is there a new estimated release date?
Ribes

Re: Is the Survival demo release estimate still valid?

Postby drfish » 25 Jun 2013 23:35

I would be happy with any random update at all... :?
drfish

Postby Ribes » 30 Jun 2013 19:06

drfish wrote:I would be happy with any random update at all... :?

Yeah we haven't really heard anything from them since back in February. They could have died in a car accident or something for all we know. :roll:

EDIT: My mistake, they were actually posting updates quite regularly on their facebook page up until April 12. Can't find anything from them after that date though.
Ribes

Postby Capsup » 30 Jun 2013 23:53

Alright,

I'm a programmer intern at the company developing this game, and I can tell you that they haven't died in a car accident but are infact working on the game in all its glory.
The designer who usually says something here doesn't dare to say anything because he's afraid of all you guys demanding that we release a finished version of the game tomorrow.
I did tell him that, that wasn't the case and was hoping he'd come on here to say hi but alas, he hasn't and that's why I decided to just confirm that they're still alive.

Now, I can't prove to you what I'm saying is true before I manage to convince MoPed to say something, but trust me, I'm trying. :) I can't say much more than that though, since he's afraid of me promising stuff to you guys that we may not be able to keep. But don't worry, I'll try to make him make an announcement or something, telling a bit about where we're at with the project.
Capsup

Postby Ribes » 01 Jul 2013 13:52

I don't want them to release anything that they're not completely satisfied with. If they need another year to get the Survival demo out then let them have another year. I'm just interested in knowing if they're sticking to their old schedule or not. And if they don't want to give an estimate that's fine too. But it would be nice to hear from them again. As drfish said, any random update at all would do.
Ribes

Postby Lexx » 05 Jul 2013 00:12

Capsup wrote:Alright,

I'm a programmer intern at the company developing this game, and I can tell you that they haven't died in a car accident but are infact working on the game in all its glory.
The designer who usually says something here doesn't dare to say anything because he's afraid of all you guys demanding that we release a finished version of the game tomorrow.
I did tell him that, that wasn't the case and was hoping he'd come on here to say hi but alas, he hasn't and that's why I decided to just confirm that they're still alive.

Now, I can't prove to you what I'm saying is true before I manage to convince MoPed to say something, but trust me, I'm trying. :) I can't say much more than that though, since he's afraid of me promising stuff to you guys that we may not be able to keep. But don't worry, I'll try to make him make an announcement or something, telling a bit about where we're at with the project.

Completely understandable. A lot of people do not have patience and do not understand that programming and making a game is not a linear process. If I was developing a game i would likely not be very communicative with the public till I had something to deliver.

Best of luck on the game and I for one am very much looking forward to it.
Lexx

Postby MoPed » 18 Jul 2013 19:23

Alright so as you can see from the front page we are alive and well, (thank you Capsup ;) ) and we've got a few new images in the gallery to prove it. It's true that we've postponed the release date, our new estimate is September/October, I'll make sure that the FAQ is updated. We've been putting all our time into development these past few months but we'll try and be more responsive from now on... remember to sign up for our newsletter!
Artist on "Unclaimed World"
MoPed

Postby Ribes » 22 Jul 2013 14:04

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you guys
Ribes

Postby Risbo » 28 Aug 2013 11:31

2 years i'm waiting, glad to see the game is still going on !

May be in 2 years i will be able to buy the game :mrgreen:
Risbo

Postby Ribes » 07 Oct 2013 12:24

So it is now October. Will the Survival Demo be out within the month or will the game need more time before it is ready for release? Is there any new information that you can share with us?
Ribes

Next

Return to General Discussion