Questions

You can read past comments related to "Unclaimed World" but you cannot post new, because we have locked it for now to save time on moderation. Instead we encourage you to go to our Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/284100/discussions/

Questions

Postby Inteuniso » 20 Dec 2010 00:32

I have a few questions about this game that I hope you can answer.

1. Is there a set campaign mode, or will it be more of an open-ended colonize the whole world sort of thing?

2. Is the world a set map, or will each world be randomly generated?

3. How many worlds are there/can be? Will it be simply one planet with many regions, or many planets to colonize with different environmental conditions?

Thanks for answering my questions if possible. Good luck on the game, and hopefully you will have a long and successful career as a game developer.
Inteuniso

Re: Questions

Postby kubluu » 20 Dec 2010 01:23

The "Game" menu on the web site contains a chapter that explains this a bit. Take a look...

http://conlansclaim.com/?page_id=38

"The game starts by selecting a “world” to play in. Each world represents an alternative outcome of planetfall in a specific spot on the planet’s surface. It shows the cluster of settlements and society that arose after a few decades. This makes it possible to play full games in different ecosystems, and with different geography, ensuring replayability. The worlds to choose from are predesigned, but the world will start evolving in response to player actions as soon as the game starts."
kubluu
Site Admin

Postby Inteuniso » 20 Dec 2010 01:55

Ah, thanks.

Will we be able to mod in custom characters, or will characters be predesigned and unchangeable? Or will random characters with random skills be generated?
Inteuniso

Postby kubluu » 20 Dec 2010 11:17

The characters will be random as well as a few predesigned ones to stand out with better abilities than the rest. These will be moddable.
I know I am looking forward to creating a character based on myself and see how he does.
kubluu
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion